Welcome! You’ve found Pastor Ed Bruning!
One of the challenges of planning a wedding is finding new and creative ways to make your celebration unique. An exciting venue, personalized décor or unique reception can make your truly special day an even more memorable one. An outstanding and well-planned ceremony is just as important! Whether “just for you” or keeping long-standing family or cultural traditions, a caring professional is needed so that the wedding goes off without a hitch.
As an experienced wedding officiant in Las Vegas, I have helped hundreds of couples create an elegant, fun and comfortable wedding, carefully blending meaningful traditions and creative expression. My number one goal is to assist couples in designing a custom ceremony that will meet and exceed expectations, a casually elegant wedding that will be extraordinary.
What is ‘casually elegant’?
Las Vegas is typically casual, with splashes of elegance scattered here and there. But there’s more. You’ll feel a casual familiarity between us from the moment we start working together. You’ll sense that we understand one another as though we’ve been distant yet long-time friends. You’ll appreciate the encouragement, assurance and genuine care you’ll receive. And that “no pressure” feeling will carry into your wedding ceremony.
Casual, yes, but elegant too. You’re here because you like Vegas: because you’ll have a good time, your guests will enjoy themselves and you’ll be reminded of your wedding each time you come back. All good reasons to be here! But let’s face it. You’ve probably been teased by someone about being married in Las Vegas – getting “hitched” by Elvis at some drive-up-window “Chapel”. So let’s keep it fun without sacrificing the excellence, warmth and wonder that such a life-changing moment inspires. That’s the elegant part.
A few other things you’ll find detailed in later pages of this website:
- 1. I’ve been doing weddings throughout the Las Vegas area since 2003. I’ll come to wherever your wedding will be.
- 2. The word “Officiant” means “the person legalizing your wedding”. We’re sometimes called the wedding: minister, pastor, celebrant, clergy, priest, rabbi or Justice of the Peace.
- 3. The title “Rev.” (Reverend) refers to one’s ordination, while the term “Pastor” refers to a Reverend who is currently employed as the professional minister of a church.
- 4. I serve a local church full-time, hold regional office and am an instructor for a nationally prominent denomination. I was a successful executive before entering the ministry.
- 5. Couples requesting my services through this website are not being married in the church. No questions or demands! My only expectation is that we be respectful of one another.
- My personality is casually elegant, easy-going and easily humorous.
- Every part of your wedding will be designed with special consideration for you.
- 8. You’ll be able to choose among a wide range of ideas and have as free a hand as you want – or be able to relax and have everything prepared for your approval.
- Choosing the person who will stand with you and your partner at the center of your ceremony is important. More than any other wedding professional – the officiant can, at the last minute, make or break a wedding.
- I’ll go the extra-mile for you; achieving the casually elegant result you can and should expect your Las Vegas wedding to be.
What else can you expect?
- You’ll receive a thorough planning guide and all the assistance you desire. I’ll suggest how you can blend meaningful traditions with creative ideas to fulfill your dreams. Everything that is important to you can be worked comfortably into your wedding.
- span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>How long will the ceremony be? Long enough to be memorable and short enough that your feet won’t hurt. We’ll work out the length to suit your purposes, but generally expect 20-25 minutes. And I guarantee no one will be bored.
- I’ll take care of filing your marriage license. If the bride chooses to take her husband’s name, I’ll offer guidance for that as well.
- I’ll be available by phone, email or in person every step of the way. You’ll enjoy working with me.
- Your guests will be impressed and speak favorably about your wedding – at your reception and for years to come.
Can We Work Together?
I certainly think so! I hope you do too. Now the next step is for you to contact me (phoning 702.580.6589 or emailing me at pastor.ed@CasualEleganceLV.com or using the “contact” page of this website). We’ll both enjoy your Casually Elegant wedding in Las Vegas!